Ofsted have judged Hugh Gaitskell Primary to be a GOOD school in all areas!
This intensive Section 5 inspection was carried out by five inspectors under the new Ofsted framework. Despite this challenging process, we are delighted that they have acknowledged all the strengths of our amazing school.
Ofsted recognised that:
- We are a caring and friendly school and there is a strong sense of community;
- Governors and school leaders provide strong leadership and have established a welcoming and inclusive learning environment;
- Bullying in any form is not tolerated. Pupils understand that any kind of discrimination is wrong;
- Pupils who have any worries get support from the school’s counsellors;
- Pupils make a strong start to the school in the early years;
- Teachers prioritise the development of children’s reading, communication and language skills;
- Children learn with curiosity, energy and enthusiasm;
- Teachers use a wide range of resources that help children to remember what they are being taught;
- Pupils with SEND receive effective support from skilled adults. The SENCo creates detailed support plans;
- Pupils behave well. Classrooms are calm and orderly;
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective
It is a reflection of the time and support given by the staff, pupils, parents, governors and our business partner DePuy Synthes. We have all worked extremely hard over the past few years and the journey has been an extremely rewarding one. Ofsted’s recognition of this achievement through a good judgement is a positive validation of all our efforts. We have high-expectations and are now well on our way to fulfilling our ambition to be an ‘Outstanding’ learning community. Your continued support for Hugh Gaitskell Primary is greatly valued and appreciated!
Please take some time to read the full report